Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Before I Begin

First of all, I've never made a blog before, so I really have no idea what I'm doing.  But hopefully I'll figure it out as I go along.

Anyway, for about eight years, I have been in love with movies, particularly old classics from the 1930s and 1940s, but I also like a lot of more recent films, too.  I have seen a ton of movies, but there are a lot of films that I keep meaning to watch but have never gotten around to it.  So that's the first reason why I'm doing this.  I also have always found it interesting how some films that I didn't think were that good won tons of awards, particularly Academy Awards, while other films I really like didn't win anything.  (Personally, I don't understand why everyone thought Ishtar was the worst film ever made; it's hilarious!)  So I decided to watch all of the winners of Academy Award for Best Picture in order, and then to write my own reviews about them.  I was going to do this just for myself, but a couple of people I mentioned it to told me to make a blog about it, so that's what I'm doing.  I haven't started watching films yet, but I hope to watch the first one (Wings) within the next couple of days.  I have already seen some of these films several times, but I'm going to re-watch them anyway.  So this will probably take a really long time, but we'll see.  I'm not setting a time limit, so it'll get done when it gets done.

No comments:

Post a Comment